Time to blog? - Not really!

Now, you might wonder why I'm blogging after all?!

Well, that is easy.

Firstly I'm not doing it alone. 

When I first had the idea to start a blog, I knew that there was no possibility of doing it alone. With a soon-to-be-two-year-old-whirlwind, a husband, a job, two horses, a dog and a few hobbies my days are packed already.

It's simple, I know that I don't have the time to blog on a regular basis alone, but doing it with someone else seemed possible for me.

From the beginning on there was never the question of how I'd like to blog with: Teresa was my first choice. We have written together before - stories to be exact, the miles between Germany and Canada have never been a problem. And to top it off, she's my best friend, so what could be more fun than to share something special with your best friend?

But honestly, for quite a while, I wasn't sure if I should really ask her to blog with me, because I knew Teresa had "just" deleted her own blog a few months ago, due to the lack of time.

Eventually I just got too curious about her answer and the desire to blog was growing bigger. And since asking doesn't hurt or cost a thing, I finally did it. Truth to be told, I didn't expect her to agree, but hey she did, and here we are now with our shared blog.


The second reason (and for me the more important one) are the kids.

Teresa and I both sponsor children and correspond with even more, through Compassion and World Vision. We are frequent letter writers, our kids get one letter a month for sure. But there are a lot of kids who don't get letters - and I think letters are important.

Here is a quote from a letter Teresa got a few weeks ago - and that line describes the need of letters, better than I could ever do.

"My friends asked me why I always receive letters from you. I feel that I am so special because you care about me."

Shouldn't all kids feel that special?

Don't get me wrong, I don't want this blog to be a finger-pointer, something to guilt people into sitting down and writing.  Instead I want to use it to share ideas of topics we could tell our sponsor kids about, what we could send them, or what we could ask them to do in our letters. I want it to inspire people to write a letter.

So I might not have much time to blog, but I have Teresa with me, a matter that is worth to making some time for, and the hope that at least one child receives a letter because of this blog.

What else do I need? Correct, nothing!










Comments