50 Reasons Why I Sponsor



Here are some of the things that my kids have said that really touched me in some way.   Some are for happy reasons, some for sad, some simply because they made me smile.  Either way, these quotes are part of the reason that I sponsor and correspond with kids all around the world.


  1. I say thanks for the Christmas card, stickers and the many letters you take your time writing. It portrays how you value me. ~ Epher, Kenya, 24
  2. All my friends said to say a big hi to you. ~ Eby, India, 12
  3. At school and as well at the project I have many friends. They come from Papua and from other places, but we are all friends. There is no difference whether they are white or black. We are always good to each other. ~ Pince, Indonesia,13
  4. At the project we have done many things like learning about God. God is wonderful and He is faithful. God is knowledgeable. He is helpful. That's why I like to help others. ~ Zaina, Uganda, 14
  5. Because of the way you love me, I feel you could come to visit me. ~ Symeon, Rwanda, 14
  6. Christ loves you. ~ Linda, Peru,11
  7. I am so special because I have a sponsor like you. ~ Clara, Philippines,11
  8. Compassion and the L.D.P (Leadership Development Program) group have made me grow to higher heights spiritually; I am able to fast and pray. ~ Epher, Kenya, 23
  9. Do not ever forget that I am very happy to say that I love you very much. ~ Estevenson, Haiti,13
  10. I ♥ you. ~ Erickson, Kenya, 11
  11. I accepted Jesus in my heart when we went camping at Arani. It was when the Pastor asked us to close our eyes and raise up the hands of the ones that want to accept Jesus in their heart and I rose up my hands, and since that moment I am not very selfish or aggressive ~ Keila, Bolivia,13
  12. I am so thankful to God that He gave you for me. I'm so lucky to have you, because you are so good to me. Thank you very much for everything. I wish that we could meet here personally. I hope you continue to support me until I finish my studies. ~ Clara, Philippines,14
  13. I am glad you became my sponsor. God bless you. I believe we will have a blessed time. ~ Tsigereda, Ethiopia, 18
  14. I am so thankful that God gives me wisdom and knowledge. I will study hard so that I will get higher grades and you will also be proud of me. ~ Clara, Philippines,13
  15. I am growing in the way of God.  ~ Guguloth, India, 20
  16. I am not okay because I have lost my caregiver. ~ Phoibe, Rwanda, 18
  17. I am now going to a different school. My mum takes me there on a moto-taxi, or sometimes we walk. ~ Linda, Peru,10
  18. I am proud of your family. ~ Phoibe, Rwanda,19
  19. I am sad to announce to you that my goat was lost and it makes me very sad. It is with tears in my eyes that I am writing to you this letter. It should have had a baby in April. ~ Estevenson, Haiti, 13
  20. I am so happy because you continue writing letters to me even though you are very busy with your work. ~ Clara, Philippines,14
  21. I ask God to never let you be discouraged in whatever you do. ~ Estevenson, Haiti, 12
  22. I can say that God loves me especially because you are there to support me every day. ~ Clara, Philippines,13
  23. I celebrated Christmas joyfully. ~ Cris, Indonesia, 10
  24. I close this letter with lots of love, with lots of love, with much love. From your Loving Son.  ~ Guguloth, India, 19
  25. I don't have a yard because the house where I live is under construction and there is a lot to be done. ~ Franklin, Honduras, 8
  26. I feel very happy to write to you due to the love I have for you. I love your advice and counselling for they are constructive to me and are so comforting to me because they raise my faith. ~ Phoibe, Rwanda, 19
  27. I felt so glad when I was reading that last letter from you. ~ Cris, Indonesia,12
  28. I greet you with the same love you have for me. ~ Victor,  Ecuador, 9
  29. I have changed school because my former school abandoned the boarding system. ~ Phoibe, Rwanda,19
  30. I celebrated my birthday by going for a walk. ~ Cris, Indonesia, 12
  31. I have received your hug and kiss sister. Thank you. It makes me feel the sisterly love you have toward me. Ha ha! Now the number of my sisters has increased to five ~ Epher, Kenya, 24
  32. I hope that God enables us to have a good relationship. ~ Tsigereda, Ethiopia,18
  33. I hope this was not the last letter I’ll receive from you. I'm really thankful to have you as my sponsor. ~ Clara, Philippines,12
  34. I infinitely thank you for the letters and picture. ~ Keila, Bolivia, 13
  35. I like the photo of Svenja's son that you sent. When I see that photo I feel very happy in my mind because I like that photo very much. ~ Eby, India, 13
  36. I live with my grandmother and haven’t met my parents. ~ Cynthia, Kenya, 11
  37. I love it when I receive a letter from you. I feel so happy when I hear from you. ~ Phoibe, Rwanda,19
  38. I love this project so much, I love you too. ~ Zaina, Uganda, 13
  39. I love you a lot! ~ Estevenson, Haiti, 11
  40. I read the bible every day. I like to read the chapter called Psalms. ~ Eby, India, 11
  41. I tell you that we are an economically poor family, but thanks to God we are very blessed to have you in our lives and it is such a blessing for us. ~ Franklin, Honduras, 8
  42. I thank God who let us know each other, despite how many people there are in the world. ~ Irene, Kenya, 11
  43. I thank this project, the JOY CDC because it has released me and my family from poverty. I have gained a skill in hairdressing and other skills. ~ Zaina, Uganda, 14
  44. I thank you for the photos and stickers from you. I will paste them in my room. ~ Cris, Indonesia, 12
  45. I think that this is a good time for you, God gave you money to maintain your house. ~ Eby, India, 12
  46. I want to apologize to you because of the long time between my letters to thank you for all you've done, it was because some of my relatives died, including the child of my uncle, so that kept me for awhile from writing this letter to you. ~ Pince, Indonesia,13
  47. I want to be a famous and important person in the community and help children who are on the street. ~ Cynthia, Kenya, 11
  48. I want to tell you that here in Honduras it is a little bit difficult since there are few jobs for young people. My father worked on the land to bring us food to our house, but sometimes with many difficulties. ~ Franklin, Honduras, 8
  49. I want to thank you for all your letters and for the blessing of getting your beautiful letters. They always fill me with joy. ~ Linda, Peru,11
  50. I want to thank you for being my sponsor and for the benefits. ~ Victor,  Ecuador,8
Click here to sponsor a child through Compassion Canada for $41/month or
Click here to sponsor a child through Compassion USA for $38/month
 

Comments

  1. What precious and motivating quotes from letters! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment